Position Title: Communications Officer
Location: Beijing, Clean Air Asia office in China
Duration of Appointment: 1 year with possibility for extension based on satisfactory performance, probationary period of 1 month
Application Closing Date: Sept 14, 2018
Estimated Start Date: Oct 14,2018
Clean Air Asia works towards achieving better air quality and livable cities by translating knowledge to policies and actions that reduce air pollution and greenhouse emissions from transport, energy, and other sectors. Clean Air Asia was established as the leading air quality management network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID in 2001, and operates since 2007 as an independent non-profit organization. Clean Air Asia has offices in Manila, Beijing and Delhi, country networks in several Asian countries and is a UN-recognized partnership of 261 organizations in Asia and worldwide.
Clean Air Asia is working on one of the most pressing environmental issues in China: air quality management. We are officially registered in China under the supervision of the Ministry of Ecology and Environment and the Beijing Bureau of Public Security.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Communications Officer to join our small and efficient team in the CAA China Office. We have just started implementing our exciting new China Strategy and are building our team to have an even bigger impact in China. We are now looking for a talented and self-motivated individual with communications skills to join our team.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Communications Officer will have the following responsibilities:
· Develop communication materials for the CAA China Office programs including social media content, newsletters, press releases, factsheets and other content as required.
· Manage CAA China Office website and social media platforms.
· Assist in organizing press conferences and other media events.
· Develop and maintain CAA media database.
· Support positive communication across the organization, encourage constructive relationships, including with the Clean Air Asia’s key partners.
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, marketing or relevant fields.
· Good understanding of the media landscape in China, both traditional and social media.
· Excellent writing skills in both Chinese and English.
· Fluent spoken English.
· Knowledge about or interest in environmental issues, especially air pollution.
· Basic skill of Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign is a plus.
· Strong sense of responsibility and proven ability to meet deadlines working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Excellent attention to detail .
IV. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed for one year under a fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance, with a probationary period of 1 month. The base monthly remuneration is competitive but may vary subject to the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Government-mandated employee benefits will also be provided. Clean Air Asia provides 24 days of paid leave and observes 11 public holidays per year. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.
V. HOW TO APPLY
Quoting ‘Communications Officer’ in the subject line, applicants should email their cover letter in both English and Chinese, and current CV (as Word attachment in English and Chinese) to FU Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 14, 2018. All applicants must clearly state in their cover letter how they meet the person specification above, as well as contact details of three referees.
We encourage early application as applications will be processed as they arrive so the recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.